Wednesday 15 August 2012

Search 67



SEARCH 67
8 November 2005

Tuesday, 8 November 2005, 10.38 am - 1.02 pm. 6 Syawal 1426 Hijrah.

I received an e-mail from En. Mohd. Fadli Ghani dated 15 October 2005. He informed he has got a baby girl on 1 Ramadhan (Wednesday, 5 October 2005). He has not named his baby girl yet. I congratulated him for the new arrival. At least one of our contributors is happy.

There were several things he wanted to touch on concerning the early Malay doctors.
  1. He has not accessed the enveloped in which he recorded concerning Malay Traditional Healing. He will try to obtain it.
  2. He wanted the text on early Malay doctors to undergo proof reading first before it gets published. He has offered to read the text and to correct certain facts especially the following:
    1. To omit the correction for spelling Prof. W. Roff
    2. Haji Mat Penambang was Muhammad Salleh ibni Ahmad Penambang
    3. The detention of Dr. Haji Abbas by the British appeared in the book by A. Samad Ahmad
    4. En. Fadli Ghani's article concerning karya sains Melayu has been sent for publishing but it has not been published yet
He wanted these mistakes corrected especially those matters which involve his name. I replied to him accordingly.

He said the newer online text was not there; only the previous text was available. I will need to re-check the Telehealth website again and reload the web pages if necessary.

He has sent more recent information but he is curious they have not been included in the writing nor web pages. I apologise for the long delay in updating and expanding the web pages online. I did not write in September-October 2005 as I was busy teaching at OUM KB on weekends and there were several workshops in USM Health Campus, Kubang Kerian which I had to prepare and facilitate. I did not write during the fasting month of Ramadhan as I worked day time and performed terawih night time and there was inadequate time to write nor was it appropriate for me to write. I have just resumed writing 2 days ago during Hari Raya Aidilfitri and will try to load the new web pages, from Search 51 onward as soon as I get back to office provided the server is accessible. I will then try to contact USM accordingly.

He has accessed the Penang Government websiteTun Dr. Hj Awang HassanYang Dipertua Negeri Pulau Pinang Kelima, was a graduate of KE VII, Singapore in 1936.

I do not have the information of the 12th Malay doctor and onward because when I initially wrote to NUS, Singapore, I only asked them permission for the release of the first 11 names, year of graduation, and address. I will need to write back to NUS to obtain permission for the release of further information for the 12th doctor onward. It will take time and not all information can be reveled to the public. NUS still reserves the right to release any information concerning its KEVII students, their performances, and its graduates. We have to respect this right of issuance. The additional names apart from the initial 11 which NUS gave me were picked up at the KEVII reunion dinner in Marriott Putrajaya (I had to rush off from Putrajaya at midnight and arrived ~1 hour later at the ghastly Merapoh-Kuala Lipis bus accident in total darkness. I was with my family in a car, not more than 20 cars from the accident site. I could not write for many days as vivid images of the accident and nausea kept coming back).


Acknowledgement

En. Mohd. Fadli Ghani
Pengarah Akademi Kajian Kota, Kuala Lumpur
E-mail: fadliayman@yahoo.com
En. Fadli Ghani's article concerning karya sains Melayu has been sent for publishing but it has not been published yet

Prof. W. Roff

Haji Mat Penambang

Detention of Dr. Haji Abbas by the British appeared in the book by A. Samad Ahmad

Penang Government website
Tun Dr. Hj Awang Hassan, Yang Dipertua Negeri Pulau Pinang Kelima, was a graduate of KE VII, Singapore in 1936

Tun Dr. Hj Awang Hassan (Class of 1936)
A graduate of KEVII, Singapore in 1936
Yang Dipertua Negeri Pulau Pinang Kelima

NUS, Singapore
Names of early Malay doctors 1-11
Names of early Malay doctors 12-24
Names of early Malay doctors 25+


Telehealth Research Group
http://www.medic.usm.my/
School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia

0 comments: