Dr Syed Mahmood bin Abdul Rahman Alkuds
LMS 1935 KEVII
Date of birth: 19 October 1912
Place of birth:
Date of demise: mid-1970s
Place of demise: Asia Dispensary, Batu Pahat, Johor
Place of burial:
From: Who’s Who in Malaysia 1971-1972
|Portrait from Who's Who|
L.M.S. (S’pore), DCH (Lond), P.I.S.
Born 19 Oct 1912
Married Aishah bt Abdullah, a Singapore Chinese nurse*
Children: 3 - Hasnah, Faridah and a son*
Educated Batu Pahat High School and English College, Johore
In Johore Govt Service 1935-46
Resigned to do private practice
Member Batu Pahat Town Board 1948-54, and Town Council 1955
Member of Johore State Council 1949
Chairman Board of Governors, Sekolah Dato Bentara Luar, Batu Pahat and Sekolah Menengah Rendah I., Batu Pahat
Member of Board of Governors of High School, Batu Pahat
President, Johore State AAA and Batu Pahat District AAA
Address: Asia Dispensary, 103, Jalan Sultanah, Batu Pahat, Johore
Telephone: 556 Batu Pahat
|Dr Lim Ju Boo's father's hotel at the corner of Jalan Ismail and Jalan Sultanah, Batu Pahat. Johor. Photo by Dr Lim Ju Boo, 15 May 2012.|
|Landmarks in Batu Pahat, from left - hotel at the corner, blue doors of Asia Dispensary, and a money-changer's shop. Photo by Dr Lim Ju Boo, 15 May 2012.|
- Unable to locate family or members. Both Dr Syed Mahmood and his wife have passed away. His 3 children could not be located before the 2 books on The Early Malay Doctors were published.
- Searched for 'Kudcy' in Facebook, and managed to contact Raudhah Kudcy, a young female relative but she hardly knew him first-hand. She had heard about him from her aunt, who had helped him with his medical studies.
- Received information on Dr Syed Mahmood Al-Kudcy from Dr Lim Ju Boo who retired from IMR in 1994. * Dr Lim Ju Boo knows the family and 2 daughters from his childhood days. According to Dr Lim Ju Boo, Asia Dispensary premise is still there but the clinic has ceased to function. Dr Lim Ju Boo photographed the Dispensary and its vicinity (3 photos).
- Two books were published about The Early Malay Doctors: the first on 17 July 2012 and the second on 21 November 2012. Both books contained little information about Dr Syed Mahmood AlKudcy.
- His daughter Faridah AlKudcy (firstname.lastname@example.org) contacted me via OnePage on 17 December 2012 and offered to assist with her father's missing information.
- I looked at Sharifah Noor Azian Syed Ahmad's Facebook today, 28 May 2014. My colleague Sharifah Azian Syed Yassin (Vienna, Austria) told me that Sharifah Noor Azian is Tun Syed Ahmad's daughter. The other daughter uses the nickname Anaruz Ahmad in Facebook.
- From Sharifah Noor Azian's Facebook, I saw Sharifah Raudhah AlQudsy's name (she was formerly Raudhah Kudcy in Facebook). I re-looked at Sharifah Raudhah AlQudsy's Facebook to see who she is. She was born in Johor and studied at RMIT in Melbourne. She started her own company when her son attended school. An article about her appears in the New Straits Times. She looks familiar.
Power of networking. by Rozana Sani. New Straits Times. 12 December 2011