Wednesday 8 August 2012

Search 45



SEARCH 45
28 July 2005

It is Thursday, 8.14 pm on my home laptop. My little girl is next to me learning how to tell the time in her activity book.

Search 45 is to scrutinise whatever I had printed from my earlier searches. I had accessed the Star Online. An article dated 11 May 2005 read "Check with MMC first, parents told". It was concerning the authenticity of medical institutions. The director-general, Ministry of Health (MOH) Malaysia, Datuk Dr. Ismail Merican had asked parents to check with the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). It also had his image. What was running through my thoughts was whether I should contact both the director-general and MMC to enquire if they could be of help. But on second thoughts I decided not to. I was just wondering how the MOH and MMC kept records of the early Malay doctors.

Another article dated 7 May 2005 read "Penang hospitals join diseases database team" by Choong Kwee Kim. Prof. Liew Choong-Chin, a scientist and director of Chondrogene Ltd based in Toronto was collecting blood sample data for developing molecular biology databases for customised patient support programmes at two Penang hospitals. I was just wondering whether any Malaysian residing outside Malaysia would know of our early Malay doctors.

It is 8.39 pm.


Acknowledgement

The Star Online
Wednesday, 11 May 2005
"Check with MMC first, parents told"

The Star Online
Saturday, 7 May 2005
"Penang hospitals join diseases database team"
Written by Choong Kwee Kim


Telehealth Research Group
http://www.medic.usm.my/rnd/telehealth
School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia

0 comments: