Wednesday 8 August 2012

Search 47



SEARCH 47
28 July 2005

It is Thursday, 10.08 pm.

En. Fadli Ghani e-mailed on 1 June 2005 to inform me that he would be in Kota Bharu but I could not find the time to meet and discuss with him.

Prof. Nor Hayati Othman, Deputy Dean (Research) e-mailed on 8 June 2005 to enquire whether I knew the names of Malay doctors who are active in doing creative writing (past and present); she only knew Tun Mahathir. I replied to her that I would need time to read their biographies first and then compile the needed information. But she needed the information urgently within a week! I referred her to the Telehealth website  on the early Malay doctors. But she said there was no specific mention of their literacy. This need for information really makes me wonder whether our early Malay doctors took up any creative writing. Did they? I need help here.

I had to stop writing again as an ex-classmate called to enquire. We dispersed after the completion of the Malaysia-Cambridge Exams (MCE) in 1975. So it was 30 years since we last saw each other. Thanks Halimatun Aziz for calling. Sorry, I didn't recognize your voice! I told her I am writing this book and she immediately mentioned Arkib Negara! I will inform my fifth formers so that everyone can help me with writing and this big article.

It is 10.45 pm.


Acknowledgement

En. Mohd. Fadli Ghani
(writer & PhD student)
Pengarah Akademi Kajian Kota, Kuala Lumpur

Professor Nor Hayati Othman
Deputy Dean (Research)
School of Medical Sciences
Universiti Sains Malaysia
hayati@kb.usm.my

Puan Halimatun Aziz
ex-TKC75
Tunku Kurshiah College (MCE 1975)


Telehealth Research Group
http://www.medic.usm.my/rnd/telehealth
School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia


0 comments: