Wednesday 8 August 2012

Search 35



SEARCH 35
20 May 2005

It is Friday, 11.51 am.

The 35th search is to scrutinise some webpages of Datuk Ramlah Adam at http://www.ippp.um.edu.my/malay/direktori/expertiseDetail.asp?intID=11 which I had accessed and printed on 9 May 2005. I was thinking may be she would know something about the early Malay doctors.

Professor Datuk Dr. Ramlah Adam (MA, PhD)
Department of History
Faculty of Art and Social Sciences
University Malaya
Tel: 603-79675503
Fax: 603-79675463
E-mail: datukramlah@hotmail.com

She has written "Dr. Burhanuddin Al-Helmy: Satu Kemelut Politik", 2000. Kuala Lumpur, Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka. Also see Searches 6, 21, 23, and 24 re Dr. Burhanuddin Al-Hemy.

Earlier, I had searched for her under Professor Ramlah Adam using Google and came to IPPP, UM. But I could not access her webpages since it was a Sunday and a holiday for Selangor, and the UM server was switched off. So, I waited to re-do the search on Monday, 9 May 2005.

On another count, I had actually ran a search on 'educational technology' to prepare for an upcoming lecture when I stumbled on Professor Dr. Ramlah Adam's name listed on a website named"Sejarah Tempatan - Tokoh Pendidik" at http://www.perpustam.edu.my/clhproject/sejarah/tkpendidik.htm . I had accessed and printed the page on 8 May 2005.

I only know Prof. Ramlah Adam on TV as she usually appears on TV commenting on political scenarios or elections which are easy for me to follow and enjoyable too. I particularly like her relaxed manner when commenting on sensitive issues, and she imparts an air of a modern working female intellectual.  She articulates in good Bahasa Melayu, something that seems missing from modern speeches and commentaries delivered on Malaysian TV.

It is 12.31 pm.


Acknowledgement

Professor Datuk Dr. Ramlah Adam
Department of History
Faculty of Art and Social Sciences
University Malaya
Tel: 603-79675503
Fax: 603-79675463
E-mail: datukramlah@hotmail.com


Telehealth Research Group
http://www.medic.usm.my/rnd/telehealth
School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia

0 comments: