Wednesday 8 August 2012

Search 39



SEARCH 39
24 May 2005

It is Tuesday, 9.20 pm.

The 39th search is to follow up on the UM conference held in Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. This is the International Conference on Health Sciences (ICHS), 6-8 May 2005 organised by the Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya (also see Search 26 re ICHS). I had borrowed the abstract & programme book from Tengku Ahmad Damitri, my MSc student. The front cover says "100 years (1905-2005) University of Malaya".

There are many interesting things to note from the abstract & programme book:
  • Message from  the Vice Chancellor, University of Malaya, Dato' Professor Dr. Hashim Yaacob. It highlighted the Faculty of Medicine being the oldest medical faculty in Malaysia and University of Malaya's 100th anniversary.
  • The Steering Committee listing included Professor Dr. Ikram Shah Ismail, Deputy Dean (Undergraduate & Diploma), Faculty of Medicine, UM. I recall that I had e-mail him long time ago concerning a reference article which I needed to verify when Dr. Eid Mohammad was doing his MSc with me as Co-Supervisor. There was an article that Dr. Eid wanted to get hold of and I had e-mailed Prof. Ikram to request for assistance.
  • Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah bt. Haji Mohd. Ali (Class of 1947; wife of Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad) gave a talk entitled "Lessons From Medical Practice of the 1960s in Malaysia".
  • Lecture entitled "A Hundred Years of Medical Education in Malaysia" by Dato' Prof. Dr. Anuar Zaini, Monash University, Malaysian Campus, Selangor. I had missed the ICHS and this lecture altogether as I had the USM Certificate Course Training for Trainers (TOT) to attend to in USM Penang campus and preparation for teaching the course upon return to USM Health Campus. I will need to find out who attended and made notes of this talk so that I can add to my writing. I will need to ask around or even write to Dato' Prof. Dr. Anuar Zaini. I can vaguely recall him from the first Malaysian Association of Clinical Biochemists (MACB) that I had attended where he was President. I may have confused him with another person. I will need to find out.
I will need to ask Tengku if he recalls anything of Dato' Prof. Dr. Anuar Zaini's talk.

It is 10.06 pm. I need to stop to make milk for my youngest daughter. She will be six next week.


Acknowledgement

Tengku Ahmad Damitri Al-Astani bin Tengku Din
(MSc student)
Dept. of Pathology
School of Medical Sciences
Universiti Sains Malaysia

International Conference on Health Sciences (ICHS)
6-8 May 2005
"100 years (1905-2005) University of Malaya"
Organised by the Faculty of Medicine
University of Malaya
Speakers:
Dato' Professor Dr. Hashim Yaacob
Professor Dr. Ikram Shah Ismail
Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah bt. Haji Mohd. Ali
Dato' Prof. Dr. Anuar Zaini


Telehealth Research Group
http://www.medic.usm.my/rnd/telehealth
School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia


0 comments: