For things to do with resolution, especially for photos, there is one choice which is a free program. This is the Zoner Photo Studio.
Zoner Photo Studio
- Zoner Photo Studio has 2 panes, the View pane and the Editor pane.
- Click the View tab to view images/photos.
- Click the Editor tab to do editing.
- There are many functions in Editor, one is for checking size and resolution.
- To check the size or resolution, click Editor tab.
- Click Edit, then select Resize. Set the desired resolution in dots per inch (dpi).
- For print purposes, set the resolution to 300 dpi. Click OK.
- Then click File, select Save. Now the file is ready to meet printing needs.
- Note: Archives may require higher resolutions, eg 400 dpi or 600 dpi.
|This is an image (or photo). Double-click the image to view it in Zoner Photo Studio.|
|This is the image in Zoner Photo Studio. This is the View pane or window. Then click the Editor tab.|
|This is the image in Zoner Photo Studio, but in the Editor pane or window. Click Edit, select Resize.|