Tuesday 17 July 2012

Advanced Medical and Dental Institute (AMDI)

There is the Advanced Medical and Dental Institute (AMDI) in Bertam campus in Penang, and a small AMDI office here in Kelantan. When AMDI was opened in Bertam, staff whose families lived in Bertam moved back to Bertam or Penang island. As the lands in Bertam was cheap, people started buying lands and built affordable homes. Now Bertam is becoming expensive. After some time, a small AMDI office was opened in Kelantan campus. So now there in AMDI in Bertam and AMDI in Kelantan. I don't know what the reasons are. But I have heard news of proposed privatisation of AMDI in Bertam. In years to come, AMDI in Bertam may not be ours anymore. I don't know what the problems affecting it are. As far as I know the place, Bertam is too far away from the airport (Penang International Airport). To go to the airport from Bertam, one has to pay toll RM7.00 at Penang Bridge and then drive to Bayan Lepas where the airport is. This is impractical. I have not been to the place because it is far out from my usual travel routes.






0 comments: