Sunday 20 January 2013

100 on 100

The University of Western Australia (UWA) will be celebrating its 100th Anniversary on 8-10 February 2013. I am flying on the 9th February and reaching on the 10th Feb. I will be there on the last day. I saw the red lights on Winthrop Hall in photos and I asked Affandi why they painted that hall pink. Affandi said the hall stays the same colour except they have coloured lights on at night. And there will be special display of lights (peacock colours) when it celebrates its 100th anniversary. I am thrilled about lights and that was how I landed myself in physics and coloured lasers in my undergraduate days.
The UWA Crawley campus is widely acknowledged as the most beautiful university campus in Australia and one of the most beautiful in the world. - UWA 2013
http://www.development.uwa.edu.au/centenary/luminous-night

0 comments: