Some highlights of the UKM 1972 report are the following:
- The UKM Medical Faculty was established and functioning in 1972. Its progress was reported in the UKM 1972-1973 3rd official report.
- There were 3 men responsible for the set up of the UKM Medical Faculty (pages 47-46). The 3 men were Dr Amir bin Abbas, Dr Abdul Hamid bin Haji Abdul Rahman and Abdul Rahim bin Omar. All 3 men received their MBBS (Malaya) from the UM Medical Faculty
- Dr Amir bin Abbas = MBBS (Malaya), DTMH (Liverpool), MRCP (London)
- Dr Abdul Hamid bin Haji Abdul Rahman = MBBS (Malaya), DA (London), FFARCS (England)
- Abdul Rahim bin Omar = MBBS (Malaya), MRCP (UK)
- Two doctors were sent for specialty training under Sekim Latihan Tenaga Pengajar. They were Dr Mohd Roslani Abdul Majid and Dr Mustaffa Embong.
- Dr Mohd Roslani - to pursue DCP (Pathology). Expected date of completion Oct 1972
- Dr Mustapha Embong - to pursue MRCP (Gastroenterology). To train at UM for 1 year 1973-74
- Dr Mohd Roslani went to set up the USM Medical School in Penang in 1979.
- Dr Mustapha Embong went to USM and practised in Endocrinology in 1984/5.
- The UKM Medical Faculty had shortages of medical lecturers and hired Indonesian lecturers for Anatomy (4), Physiology (2) and Biochemistry (2).
- Alternative places had to be found for postgraduate training of UKM new medical lecturers.
- Assistance was obtained in many ways, including from the Tertiary Educational Research Centre (TERC) in Sydney, NSW and the American group MUCIA Council for International Health.