Oldest Malay Sultanate ...
The Kedah Sultanate existed long before the Kelantan and Malacca Sultanates. It is the oldest Malay sultanate known in Malaysia.
The Sultanate of Kedah was the earliest sultanate on the Malay Peninsula and one of the oldest Sultanates in the world, founded in 1136. - Wikipedia
Who's Who ...
The royal marriages and family tree are here:
What is interesting is that, many of the country's pioneers and record holders involved royal family members from Kedah, Negeri Sembilan, Terengganu, etc.
Let's see ...
First Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Persekutuan Tanah Melayu (Federated Malay States/FMS):
Tuanku Abdul Rahman Muhammad (Yang di-Pertuan Besar NS). His eldest daughter Tuanku Sultanah Bahiyah married to Sultan Abdul Halim (Kedah).
Sultan Abdul Hamid (Kedah) had 2 illustrious princes: Sultan Badlishah and Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj
First Prime Minister of Malaysia: Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj Sultan Abdul Hamid (Kedah)
14th Agong: Sultan Abdul Halim Sultan Badlishah (Kedah)
Kings of Kedah ...
1. Merong Maha Wangsa @ Sultan Mudzaffar Shah (r. 1136-1179)
24. Sultan Ahmad Tajuddin Mukarram Shah @ Halim Shah (r. 1854-1879; 2 wives
- Wan Jah Long Nik Abidin and Wan Hajar Wan Ismail)
25. Sultan Zainal Rashid Muadzam Shah II (r. 1879-1881; son of Wan Jah)
26. Sultan Abdul Hamid Halim Shah (r. 1882-1943; his younger brother was Tunku Mahmud; he was the grandfather of Tuanku Abdul Halim; married 8x to Siamese and Sharifah ladies; 45 children - 23 princes & 22 princesses). The 8 wives were:
Che Sofiah - her sons were Sultan Badlishah and Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj (first PM); she was the niece of Tunku Abdul Hamid
* Note: (a) The 3 Sharifah ladies mentioned above were also connected to the earliest Arab clan of Kampung Batu Uban in Penang. These Arabs were there before Francis Light arrived in Penang. Sharifah Seha was also connected to the Malacca Arab people in the vicinity of Masjid Tengkera (Tranquerah Mosque) where Sultan Hussein Shah (the last Singapore-Johor Sultan) was interred. Today, her descendants can be found in Penang, Kuala Lumpur and Kelantan. Some of her descendants/relatives included Syed Sheikh Alhadi (tutor to the Riau ruler Raja Haji Ali), Syed Alwi Alhadi (eldest son of Syed Sheikh), Dr Mohamed bin Alwi Alhadi (an early Malay doctor; an eminent gastrosurgeon), Prof Syed Mohsin Syed Sahil Jamalullail, etc. Some of the graves can be found at Tanah Perkuburan Islam, Masjid Jamek Mukim Jelutong in Jelutong Timur, Penang.
27. Sultan Badlishah Sultan Abdul Hamid Halim Shah (his mother was Che Sofiah; his son is Sultan Abdul Halim - 14th Agong).
1. Married Tunku Asma Sultan Sulaiman (T'ganu)
Tunku Annuar - Tunku Bendahara, Datuk Seri Tunku Annuar Sultan Badlishah (deceased May 2014)
Tunku Badriyatul Jamil
Tunku Abdul Hamid Thani - Tunku Laksamana, Datuk Seri Tunku Abdul Hamid Thani Sultan Badlishah
Tunku Sallehuddin - Tunku Temenggong, Tan Sri Tunku Sallehuddin Sultan Badlishah
2. Married Tunku Sofiah Tunku Mahmud, 1943, Istana Anak Bukit
5 children, 3 princes and 2 princesses:
Tunku Abdul Hamid
Tunku Abdul Halim
28. Sultan Abdul Halim Sultan Badlishah (b. 28 November 1927 Istana Anak Bukit, Alor Setar; succeeded Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin as Yang di-Pertuan Agong Ke-14 on 11 April 2012, r. 13 December 2011-present). His uncle was Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj.
Siblings of Sultan Abdul Halim ... (12 siblings)
Tunku Bendahara, Datuk Seri Tunku Annuar Sultan Badlishah - deceased May 2014
Tunku Temenggong, Tan Sri Tunku Sallehuddin Sultan Badlishah
Tunku Laksamana, Datuk Seri Tunku Abdul Hamid Thani Sultan Badlishah
Marriages of Sultan Abdul Halim ...
1. Almarhumah Tuanku Sultanah Bahiyah, m. March 1956, Istana Seri Menanti, NS.
She was the eldest princess of Yang di-Pertuan Besar NS, Tuanku Abdul Rahman Muhammad, first Agong. Deceased 26 August 2003, Istana Kuala Chegar, Anak Bukit
2. Che Puan Haminah Hamidun (b. Bagan Serai, Perak), married Tuanku Sultan Abdul Halim 25 December 1975, new Sultanah Kedah, name styled Kebawah Duli Yang Maha Mulia Tuanku Sultanah Kedah.
Princesses of Sultan Abdul Halim ...(daughters of Sultanah Bahiyah)
Tunku Sarina (mangkat)
Tunku Panglima Besar, Datuk Seri Tunku Puteri Intan Safinaz Sultan Abdul Halim