Wednesday 13 February 2013

Writing From Perth (3)

G'day mate!

We left the hotel at 7.30 am to go to Curtin University and the King Edward Memorial Hospital for Women (KEMH).

We took the Red CAT from the hotel down to the Perth busport. From there we took bus no. 102 to Curtin University. We got down at the Transperth stop at Curtin U and walked to the library. The commons was closed off for renovations. The campus has conifers. There were lots of cones on the grass. The campus appeared empty. Uni commences on 22 February 2013. There was a campus map but I didn't have time to read it.

We took the bus back to Perth city and took another bus to Subiaco. We got off in front of the KEMH, where Ibrahim was born 24 years ago.  I remembered the prenatal clinic building across the road. I remembered the second floor postnatal ward where I laid alone without a baby as my son was placed in the ICU soon after he was born. I remained in the ward for 12 days without my baby son, and only saw him a few times after his antibiotic regiment. He was a screaming baby. He survived the ordeal and now has a university degree.

We`went to Insan Cafe twice today, once for lunch and another for tea.

There is nothing else to do in Perth today. Affandi is doing all the packing.

We head for the airport in a few hours and leave for Malaysia on 14 February 2013 at 6.30am. I should be at LCCT by 12 noon. We fly home to Kota Bharu at 3.30 pm. InsyaAllah.

0 comments: