I don't know about the Sikh Police Band but I have seen some photos of them at the Penang Museum. I don't know about the Kelantan Volunteer Rifles (KVR) but there is a place where the group gathers in Kota Bharu and there is a rifle range in Pengkalan Chepa - is this the same group? Is the KVR still active?
Sikh Police Band
- Where did the Sikh police come from? Were they imported?
- What is the Sikh Police Band?
- Is it the same group of people who defended Kelantan against the Japanese invasion at Pantai Dasar Sabak on 7/8 December 1941?
KVR officers, 1914:
- What is the KVR?
- When was the KVR set up in Kelantan?
- Why was the KVR set up in Kelantan?
- Who comprised the KVR members?
- DCR Rainnie, Duff Development Company (What is this company?)
- William Langham-Carter, British Adviser
- Herbert Alfred Anderson, CO of the KVR (CO = Commanding Officer?)
Title Kelantan Volunteer Rifles, Sikh Police Band, circa 1914
Reference BAM 14/1
Extent and Medium Good condition, apart from slight fading.
Content and context
129 x 77 mm. Showing the Sikh band marching past with three officers of the K.V.R. following behind. These are identified as: D.C.R. RAINNIE, Duff Development Company; William LANGHAM-CARTER, British Adviser; and Herbert Alfred ANDERSON, C.O. of the K.V.R.
Biographical notes on Herbert Anderson at BAM 6/14.