Penang Free School (PFS) was established on 21 October 1816 at Love Lane but it operated from 1821 to 1924. It moved to its present 30-acre premise at Green Lane and has since operated on 9 January 1924 till today. The building at Love Lane became Penang Museum and is sited near Masjid Kapitan Keling.
[The Victoria Institution (VI) in Kuala Lumpur was founded on 14 August 1893, 77 years after PFS.]
PFS viewed from the nearby overhead bridge.
House across the road in front of PFS
A 1926 hydrant outside PFS