Tuesday 27 August 2013

Penang by Day

Penang is terribly hot during the daytime. I sat in the backseat of my car while my husband drove down the various streets, roads and lanes of George Town, and I took photos of buildings. Sometimes the car swerved and I would fall and roll in the backseat and the photos didn't turn out good. But this is my best effort to obtain some photos and learn what the buildings are about.

Naina Mohamed & Sons (Pg) Sdn Bhd

Naina Mohamed & Sons (Pg) Sdn Bhd shifted from its former location at the Logan Heritage building to Bishop Street. Dr KM Ariff had worked at Naina Mohamed & Sons when it was at Logan Heritage building. I do not know whether Dr KM Ariff also moved when Naina Mohamed & Sons moved to Bishop Street.

Farmasi Naina Mohamed & Sons (Pg) Sdn Bhd
Tel: 04-2610027 / 04-2610082

Bishop Street
Farmasi Naina Mohamed & Sons (Pg) Sdn Bhd
Tel: 04-2610027 / 04-2610082

Cast iron balconies and the original building (as seen in early postcards)
Cast iron balconies from across the road
Close-up of the cast iron balconies.

India House

Whiteways and Laidlaw building

D' Dapor Malay restaurant
D' Dapor
Dewan Perniagaan Melayu PP, JHEI PP, RBS, Tourism Malaysia and AmBank (partial).

Standard and Chartered

Wisma MTT on Weld Quay, near Pengkalan Raja Tun Uda at Penang Port and Rapid bus station

0 comments: