Wednesday 19 January 2011

10. Dr Husin bin Mohamed Ibrahim (1897-1960)
















Dr Husin bin Mohamed Ibrahim (1897-1960)
LMS 1924 KEVII

Date of birth: 12 March 1897
Place of birth: Penang
Date of death: 1960
Place of death: KL
Place of burial: Tanah Perkuburan Ampang, KL


Researcher's notes:
  1. There is a man named Dr Naheed bin Dr Husin, whom I met at a wedding in Kota Bharu, Kelantan. He was the head of veterinary services in Kubang Kerian, Kelantan in the early 1980s. I don't have his telephone #.
  2. Kak Insun Sony Mustapha Fenner is also related to Dr Husin. Kak Insun Sony belongs to the Jenaton clan, a royal Indonesian clan from Pagaruyung Palace in Paya Kumboh, West Sumatra.


Faridah Abdul Rashid
18 December 2017 at 19:10 · 
Some of you may recall Dr Naheed bin Dr Husin, who is a vet and who once headed the veterinary services at Jabatan Haiwan in Kubang Kerian, Kelantan in the early 1980s. I remember dealing with Jabatan Haiwan when I first came to work at HUSM in Kelantan. Dr Naheed remembers me from 1983, but I can't recall him at all. I met him at a wedding in Kelantan in 2017. This is a photo of him with my husband Affandi at the wedding. I only took this one photo and I didn't take his hp#. 

I remember researching on his father, Dr Husin bin Ibrahim and his younger brother Dr Mohamed bin Ibrahim for my books (but I didn't publish about the 2 doctors). 

Dr Mohamed bin Ibrahim was in an MMA photo in KL with my grandfather, Dr Che Lah bin Md Joonos. 

Dr Naheed's brother is Azam, the money-changer in Kota Bharu, Kelantan. 

Dr Naheed also has a sister in Gua Musang, Kelantan. 

Dr Naheed said his family was split during WW2. His family's roots are in Perak. 

I remember Kak Insun Sony Mustapha Fenner and the rest had a family tree in Word.doc. I checked that and found the Ibrahim family members on that sheet - they are the Sapura people. 

I also checked Geni.com, and they are my father's people too (joined at the nenek moyang level). So Dr Naheed bin Dr Husin, and his people are related to my father, on the Perak side.

I'm uncertain where Jaffar Rawas and Laila Rawas come into the picture or how they are/not related to my father. I met Jaffar Rawas in 1969-1971 when he came over to our house in P. Chepa and another time when my dad was talking to him at his shop in KB.



Insun Sony Mustapha Fenner:
Yes, we are related to Arwah Sapura in 2 ways. Sapura is related to me via her parents and also via Tan Sri Wan Mahmood, a Janaton member married to P S Sara, sister to Sapura.

Insun Sony Mustapha Fenner:
Dr Husin is the father of Sapura and Sara. So Dr Naheed must be their brother. I have seen him but do not remember where.

Ida Husain:
Jaffar Rawas was a nephew of my late step-grandfather Sheikh Ali. He passed away many years ago and his children have taken over his business. I know a few of them but the one named Abdul will always be the one who will chat with me if I meet him. The others that l can recall are Aziz and Abdullah. I have a step-aunty Umi Fatimah who is my late father's half-sister that l have not met for such a very long time who may shed some light on Aruah Jaffar Rawas.

18 December 2017 at 19:58

2 comments:

Cikgu Ahmad said...

Alfatihah to tok Husin..he is my grandfther..place of burial in Tanah Perkuburan Ampang, Died in KL..had 2son and 3 daughter..one of his daughter Siti Sapura Husin married with the founder of Sapura Holdings ,Ta Sri Shamsudin Abd Kadir.

Faridah said...

TQ for providing your grandfather's details.